You might like
You are in:
- Little Cherry Tomato Tarte Tatins with…
Back Little Cherry Tomato Tarte Tatins with…
Little Cherry Tomato Tarte Tatins with Basil Cream
These gorgeous and easy to make little tarts are cooked upside down. Serve with a light basil cream.
- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 450g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 375g puff pastry
- 200ml crème fraîche
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp basil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Heat the butter, oil, tomato purée and vinegar in a non-stick frying pan and toss in the tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Divide the tomatoes over the bases of 8 individual flan tins, cut side down, drizzle with the pan juices.
- Roll out the pastry onto a lightly floured surface and stamp out 8 circles slightly larger than the tins, place on top of the tomatoes, pressing down and tucking in the edges.
- Lift onto a baking tray and cook for 25 minutes, until pastry is well risen and golden.
- To serve, carefully turn upside down onto a board or plate and remove the flan tins.
- To make the basil cream, beat together the crème fraîche, mayonnaise and basil. Chill until required.