You might like
You are in:
- Leek & Potato Soup
Back Leek & Potato Soup
Leek & Potato Soup
Treat yourself to a classic soup as the weather turns chilly - this one is a great way to get the most out of our wonky leeks and potatoes when in season too.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 25g butter
- 450g leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 400g Wonky potatoes , peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 150ml crème fraiche
- 3 sprinkles salt
- 3 sprinkles pepper
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat together the sunflower oil and butter in a large pan until melted, then add the leeks, potatoes and garlic.
- Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the bay leaves, thyme and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove one-third of the soup from the pan and set aside. Take out the bay leaves and thyme sprig, then purée the remaining soup in a food processor, or with a hand-held wand blender, until smooth. Return the reserved soup to the pan with the puréed soup (this will give the soup texture) then stir in the crème fraiche and season well.
- Gently warm through without allowing the soup to boil. Serve hot with plenty of fresh, crusty bread.