You might like
You are in:
- Kale, Butter Bean and Chorizo Stew
Back Kale, Butter Bean and Chorizo Stew
Kale, Butter Bean and Chorizo Stew
A hearty, colourful stew, perfect for cold winter nights. Blanching the kale and refreshing in cold water before adding to the stew will help to retain the vibrant green colour of the vegetable and sweeten its flavour.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 50g chorizo, chopped
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 pinch sugar
- 100g kale, chopped
- 2 cans butter beans, drained
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and sauté the chopped chorizo, until browned. Remove from the pan, set aside and drain off the excess oil.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil, the onions, garlic cloves and season. Sauté for 10 mins until golden then add the smoked paprika, ground cumin, cider vinegar, chopped tomatoes and a pinch of sugar.
- Add the chorizo back in and simmer for 10 mins. Meanwhile, blanch the kale in boiling water for 2 mins, then drain, rinse in cold water and add to the stew with the butter beans. Cook through for another 5 mins until piping hot.