You might like
You are in:
- Jersey Royal, Prawn and Asparagus Salad
Back Jersey Royal, Prawn and Asparagus Salad
Jersey Royal, Prawn and Asparagus Salad
This recipe is full of fresh, summery flavours. The sweet chilli dressing adds a little kick to this salad, bringing out the flavours of the Jersey Royals, prawns and asparagus.
- 600g Jersey Royals, scrubbed and halved
- 150g fresh asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 70g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 320g cooked king prawns
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, to dress
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Outside Jersey Royal season, try new potatoes.
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the potatoes for 15 minutes. Once cooked, drain the pan.
- While the potatoes are cooking, bring another pan of lightly salted water to the boil.
- Add the asparagus and frozen peas and cook for 2 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook over a gentle heat for 5 minutes until soft but not browned.
- Add the cooked Jersey Royals, asparagus and peas along with the prawns to the pan. Toss well and cook for 2-3 minutes until piping hot.
- Divide between 4 serving plates. Whisk together the sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice and mayonnaise and drizzle over.