You might like
You are in:
- Jerk Pork Chops with Pineapple Salsa
Back Jerk Pork Chops with Pineapple Salsa
Jerk Pork Chops with Pineapple Salsa
This Jamaican inspired jerk pork recipe has so much flavour, mixing the hot chilli sauce into the pineapple salsa adds a little extra fire.
- 4 pork shoulder steaks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp jerk seasoning
- ½ pineapple, cored, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 15g fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp hot chilli sauce
- 300g basmati rice
- 2 pinches salt and pepper, to taste
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/Gas 5.
- Mix the vegetable oil, jerk seasoning, salt and pepper together and rub all over the pork shoulder steaks.
- Roast in a tin for 45 mins until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix together the pineapple, red onion, fresh coriander, and 1 tsp hot chilli sauce and season. Leave this salsa to the side until ready to serve.
- Cook 300g basmati rice according to the pack instructions until al dente, then drain.
- Serve the chops with the rice and salsa poured over.