You might like
You are in:
- Individual Beef and Chestnut Wellingtons
Back Individual Beef and Chestnut Wellingtons
Individual Beef and Chestnut Wellingtons
These individual beef wellingtons make a delicious change from turkey for Christmas dinner - or enjoy them year round.
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, wiped and finely chopped
- 200g chestnuts, cooked, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 beef fillet steaks, 200g approx
- 400g puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten, to glaze
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
If you can't find chestnuts, try walnuts or hazelnuts instead.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add the shallots and mushrooms. Cook over a gentle heat until softened then add the chestnuts. Season and stir then blitz in a food processor until almost smooth.
- Season and oil the steaks. Seal them in a hot pan for 1 minute each side. Allow to cool.
- Divide the pastry into 4 and roll out to a square large enough to enclose a steak. Place a steak on each square of pastry then spoon chestnut mix on top of each steak.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg then fold the pastry over the steak. Trim the edges as needed and press down with a fork to seal. Re-roll any leftover pastry and cut out leaves to decorate.
- Lift onto a baking tray, brush the Wellingtons with the remaining egg and bake for 25 minutes until golden and piping hot all the way through.