You might like
You are in:
- Hot Buttered Rum
Back Hot Buttered Rum
Hot Buttered Rum
Here's a warming 'toddy' that's ideal for serving after an autumn outing or winter walk. Sweet, with a satisfying rum kick, the buttery finish makes this a real cosy-up-cocktail.
- 50ml Captain Morgan’s spiced rum
- 440ml apple cider
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 100g brown sugar
- 100g salted butter
- 100g vanilla ice cream
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Freeze for 2 hours.
- Make the buttered rum batter: In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the ice cream and cinnamon, then spoon into a large container
- Store in freezer until mostly hardened, about 2 hours (or until you are ready to serve drinks)
- Make the drinks: In a large saucepan, heat the cider until boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and pour into a pitcher or easy to serve container
- Place 2 tbsp of the buttered rum batter into each mug and fill about 1/3 of the way up with rum, then top with hot apple cider
- Stir and Serve