You might like
You are in:
- Heart-Shaped Waffles with Warm Spiced…
Back Heart-Shaped Waffles with Warm Spiced…
Heart-Shaped Waffles with Warm Spiced Berries
These waffles are perfectly paired with warm spiced berries, the perfect dish for brunch!
- 75g buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 25g oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil, for frying
- 250g frozen mixed berries
- ¼ tsp ground mixed spice
- 1 dusting icing sugar, to dust
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- To make the waffle batter place the buckwheat flour, baking powder, oats, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the coconut milk to the dry ingredients. Whisk constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add the 1 tbsp maple syrup, mix well and pour into a measuring jug. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- To make the warm spiced berries place the frozen mixed berries, 1 tbsp maple syrup and mixed spice in a small pan with a lid.
- Heat gently for 2 minutes, or until warmed through, allowing the berries to keep their shape.
- To fry the waffles brush a waffle pan with a little melted coconut oil and heat over a medium heat.
- Pour the waffle mix into the pan, spreading evenly, and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side – or until golden brown.
- Repeat to use all the remaining batter.