You might like
You are in:
- Harissa Spiced Roast Lamb with Honey Roasted Carrots
Back Harissa Spiced Roast Lamb with Honey Roasted Carrots
Harissa Spiced Roast Lamb with Honey Roasted Carrots
Spice up your Sunday roast with this harissa spiced roast lamb recipe
- 2 kg lamb shoulder, boned, rolled and tied
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 whole lemon, sliced
- 350g carrots, with leafy green tops
- 1 tbsp honey
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Use salt and pepper to season.
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan/200C/gas 6.
- Pierce the lamb joint all over with a paring knife. Massage the harissa paste into the lamb.
- Place the sliced lemon onto the base of a roasting tin and place the lamb joint on top of the slices.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim the carrots, leaving 1cm of green top and slice in half length ways.
- Place in a bowl, add the honey to coat and season with salt and pepper. Set to one side.
- Once the lamb has cooked for 1 hour 15 minutes, remove from the oven and add the honey carrots around the base of the roasting dish.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 30 minutes for medium rare lamb.
- Allow the meat to rest in a warm place before slicing and serving with the honey roast carrots.