You might like
You are in:
- Ginger Nuts and Lemon Crunch Vegan Tart
Back Ginger Nuts and Lemon Crunch Vegan Tart
Ginger Nuts and Lemon Crunch Vegan Tart
This easy to make lemon tart with McVitie's Ginger Nuts crust is suitable for vegans, making it a perfect family dessert.
- 225g McVitie’s Ginger Nuts Biscuits
- 60g dairy free spread
- 2 large lemons
- 50g cornflour
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 sprig fresh mint, to decorate
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Line the base of 7inch/18cm loose bottomed flan tin with a disc of baking parchment.
- Put the McVitie’s Ginger Nuts biscuits into a freezer bag (thick plastic bag) and crush well using a rolling pin.
- Melt the dairy free spread, stir in the biscuit crumbs. Put into the tin, using the back of a spoon press the crumbs to form the base and sides of the tart. Set aside to cool.
- Wash the lemons well, finely grate the rind and squeeze the juice. Put into a measuring jug and make up to 18floz/500ml with water. Stir in the cornflour until completely dissolved with no lumps.
- Put into a pan and heat, gently stirring all the time. Simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the icing sugar, add a little extra if desired, and spoon into the biscuit case. Smooth to level and leave to cool. Garnish with a sprig of mint and dust with a little icing sugar just before serving.
This recipe has been kindly provided by McVitie's