You might like
You are in:
- Flatbread with Houmous, Aubergine and…
Back Flatbread with Houmous, Aubergine and…
Flatbread with Houmous, Aubergine and Pomegranate
Make your own houmous then serve it on flatbreads, scattered with griddled aubergines and jewel-like pomegranate seeds.
Makes 32 slices
- 400g chickpeas
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 small aubergines
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- 4 flatbreads
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 small handful mint leaves, to garnish
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- To make the houmous, place the chickpeas, yoghurt, garlic and tahini with half a teaspoon of salt into a food processor (or use a potato masher) and blitz until it has reached a smooth consistency. Set to one side.
- To make the topping, slice the aubergine length ways into thin strips, approximately 1/2 cm thick.
- Place the aubergine strips on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan until hot. Griddle the aubergine slices in batches, for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side and then set to one side.
- To serve, warm the flatbreads on the griddle. Place the flatbreads on a serving board and spread with houmous.
- Arrange the chargrilled aubergine on top of the houmous and scatter with pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds and mint leaves.
- Cut the flatbreads into portions. Serve and enjoy.