You might like
You are in:
- Fish with Ginger and Spring Onion
Back Fish with Ginger and Spring Onion
Fish with Ginger and Spring Onion
For Chinese New Year, fish represents a surplus of money and prosperity. Whiting, hake or sea bass all work well in this light dish.
- 4 Fresh white fish fillets
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 knob fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Pat four fresh fillets dry with kitchen towel and quarter fill a wok with water. Place the fish in a steaming basket over the wok cover and steam for 15 minutes until cooked through and the fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer the fish to a serving dish and keep warm. Tip: If you don't have a steaming basket place a cake stand or cooling rack over the wok and lie the fish on a plate on top. Cover with a pan lid and steam as before.
- Meanwhile, drain the water from the wok. Heat 2 tbsp sesame oil in the wok; add the spring onions and ginger and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the soy sauce and 1 tbsp water and simmer for a few minutes to thicken.
- Pour the sauce over the steamed fish and serve.