You might like
You are in:
- Eggs Benedict
The classic breakfast recipe gets a springtime twist with asparagus.
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 free range eggs
- 2 toasting muffins
- 1 jar hollandaise sauce
- 4 rashers back bacon
- 350g asparagus
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Split the muffins, toast them and warm some plates.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus stalks.
- Pre heat your grill and cook the bacon, then keep warm.
- Bring 2 deep saucepans of water to the boil. Add the vinegar to one of the pans.
- Break the eggs into 4 separate coffee cups or ramekins.
- Add the eggs to the pan of boiling water with vinegar. The eggs will drop to the bottom and then slowly rise back up. Cook for 3-4 mins and then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile drop the loose spears of asparagus into the second pan of boiling water and cook for 3-5 minutes until just tender. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat the hollandaise sauce gently in a pan.
- Spread a small amount of sauce on each muffin, divide the asparagus between the 4 muffins, then a rasher of bacon, then top with an egg. Spoon over the remaining hollandaise and finish with a twist of freshly ground black pepper.