You might like
You are in:
- Easter Bunny Cake
Back Easter Bunny Cake
Easter Bunny Cake
On the hunt for a real showstopper (or should that be show-hopper...) to treat the family with this Easter? This novelty cake cutie is just the thing. Get the kids involved too, and start a new tradition with Morrisons.
- 180g light brown soft sugar
- 2 eggs
- 120ml sunflower oil
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 200g carrots, grated
- 1 orange, finely grated zest only
- 150g white chocolate (for the icing), broken into cubes
- 200ml double cream (for the icing)
- 200g light soft cheese (for the icing)
- 100g desiccated coconut (for the fluffy fur)
- 2 sweets or chocolate buttons (for the eyes)
- 1 Handful marshmallows (for the nose and tail)
- 6 sweet sticks (for the whiskers)
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: 2 hours chilling time
You'll need to cut some ears out of white and pink card for a full helping of Easter magic...
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4. Line a 25cm round cake tin with baking parchment.
- Beat together the sugar, eggs and oil. Sift in the flour, baking powder and mixed spice. Fold in the carrots and zest. Add to the tin and level.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until well-risen and springy to the touch. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- To prepare the icing, heat the chocolate and cream in a bowl over a pan of simmering water until melted and smooth.
- Take the bowl off the heat, add the cream cheese and whisk with an electric beater for 2 minutes. Chill for 2 hours.
- To assemble, cut the cake in half vertically then sandwich the halves together side by side using some of the icing. Flip over so the cut side faces down and lift on to a serving board.
- Cut out a small notch about a third of the way along the curve to shape the head. Cover with icing, then coat with coconut to form the ‘fur’.
- Use sweets for the eyes and make a nose and tail out of marshmallows. Just before serving, add the ears made from white and pink card into the notch behind the head and push in your whiskers.