You might like
You are in:
- Easter Bread Bunnies
Back Easter Bread Bunnies
Easter Bread Bunnies
Keep the kids occupied this Easter with these easy to make playful bread bunnies. Follow our decoration ideas or make up separate bags of icing for each child and let them be as creative as they like.
- 500g crusty white bread mix
- 1 sprinkle Flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 200g ready to use royal icing
- 1 small handful Chocolate dots
- 1 small handful sprinkles
- 1 small handful micro mallows
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Per Portion: kcal 471 Fat (g) 2.6 Saturates (g) 1.2 Carbohydrate (g) 98.1 Sugars (g) 34.6 Fibre (g) 2.8 Protein (g) 12.3 Salt (g) 0.08
- Make up the bread mix following the pack instructions. Turn on to a floured surface and knead for 5 mins until smooth and springy to the touch.
- Preheat the oven to 230C/210C fan/Gas 8. Lightly grease 1 large baking sheet (or 2 smaller ones).
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces. Take one piece and cut away just over 1/3 of the dough. Shape this piece into an oval for the body of one bunny. Place on the baking sheet.
- Cut away another 1/3 of the dough from the remaining piece and shape into a round head. Place above the body, attaching with a dab of water.
- Cut the remaining piece of dough in half. Cut one piece in 2 equal halves. Roll and shape each half between the palms of your hands into oval bunny ears. Attach to the head with a dab of water.
- 6 Cut the last remaining piece of dough into 4 equal-sized pieces and shape into bunny paws. Attach to the sides of the body.
- Repeat with the remaining 5 pieces of dough to make 6 bunnies in total. Cover loosely with cling film and leave in a warm place for 20 mins until puffy.
- Beat the egg with 1 tbsp cold water to make an egg wash. Remove the cling film and lightly glaze the bunnies all over with the egg wash.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13-15 mins until risen and golden brown. Leave on the baking sheet for 5 mins then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- To decorate, beat the icing with a few drops of water to give a smooth thick piping consistency. Spoon into a disposable piping bag and use scissors to snip of the very end of the bag.
- Pipe features on the bunnies and decorate with chocolate dots and sprinkles or micro mallows. Leave to set for about 30 mins.