You might like
You are in:
- Dark Chocolate and Amaretto Cake
Back Dark Chocolate and Amaretto Cake
Dark Chocolate and Amaretto Cake
Get stuck in with this gorgeous recipe that's perfect for getting your hands dirty. We suggest putting your mixer away for this one, mixing by hand will retain the texture for a perfect bake.
- 4 large eggs
- 50g caster sugar
- 200g self-raising flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g butter, melted
- 75g dark chocolate, chopped (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- 200g hard amaretti biscuits, crushed
- 2 tbsp amaretto liqueur
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/Gas 6. Grease and line a 23cm square loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Mix the baking powder and vanilla extract together to form a paste.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar. Add the flour, ground almonds, baking powder paste and melted butter. Mix well then stir in the chocolate, amaretti biscuits and amaretto liqueur. Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, spreading it evenly. Bake for 45-50 minutes until the top is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and place on a wire rack to cool completely.