You might like
You are in:
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Pie
Back Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Pie
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Pie
This creamy and delicious chicken and broccoli pie makes a fantastic family meal.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 skinless chickless breasts, diced
- 250g shallots, peeled and halved if large
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 30g sunflower spread
- 30g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 400ml chicken stock, made from a cube
- 200ml Elmlea Single Light
- 400g broccoli, divided into small florets
- 300g puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten, to glaze
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the chicken and shallots and cook on a high heat until the chicken is sealed and has taken on some colour. Add the tarragon.
- Melt the sunflower spread in a pan and stir in the flour. Cook for 1 minute then gradually whisk in the stock, stirring until you have a smooth, thick sauce. Add to the chicken along with the Elmlea and stir well.
- Meanwhile, boil the broccoli for 3 minutes. Drain and add to the chicken mixture. Spoon the filling into a large pie dish with a lip.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface so it is slightly larger than the dish. Cut a thin strip of pastry from around the edge, dampen and press down onto the lip of the dish. Moisten the pastry strip with water, place the pastry lid on top and press down well. Trim the edges. Re-roll any pastry trimmings and cut out leaves to decorate.
- Brush the pie with beaten egg or milk to glaze and bake for 35 minutes until piping hot and the pastry is well risen and golden.