You might like
You are in:
- Corned Beef Chilli
Back Corned Beef Chilli
Corned Beef Chilli
A weekday family favourite that is made quick and easy by using Princes Corned Beef.
- 340g Princes corned beef
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 150ml beef stock, made with 1/2 a stock cube
- 1 sprinkle salt, to season
- 1 sprinkle ground black pepper, to season
- 400g red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 5g coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan and fry the onion and garlic until softened. Add the cumin and chilli powder, and cook for a further minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, and stock, season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, loosely cover with a lid and cook over a gentle heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cube the Corned Beef and add to the tomato sauce with the kidney beans and fresh coriander. Cook for a further 10 minutes, uncovered, before removing from the heat.
- This is ideal served with a dollop of Greek yogurt and rice, crusty bread or jacket potatoes and a green salad.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Princes.