You might like
You are in:
- Cointreau Babas…
Back Cointreau Babas…
This traditional dessert has a twist… instead of rum, these babas use orange liqueur to give them a uniquely citrusy flavour.
- 125g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 12g honey
- 5g dry yeast
- 75g melted butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 lemon , zest only
- 1 orange, zest only
- 100ml cointreau
- 200ml whipping cream
- 1 large handful raspberries, fresh
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Allow a proving time of at least 30 minutes.
Prepare ahead: You will need 500ml of water for this recipe
- For the dough, combine the eggs, salt, yeast and honey.
- Then beat in the flour, once combined, cover and leave for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, stir in the melted butter, a little at a time.
- Spoon the mix into the moulds then prove until doubled in size.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 12 minutes.
- For the syrup, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a simmer then place each babas in to the syrup to soak for 10 seconds - remove and drain on a wire rack.
- When cool top with whipped cream and raspberries.