You might like
You are in:
- Clementine and White Chocolate Trifle
Back Clementine and White Chocolate Trifle
Clementine and White Chocolate Trifle
Create this amazing trifle! Its a real showstopper and will shine at any Christmas Party.
- 8 clementines
- 36 sponge fingers
- 150ml cointreau
- 300g orange jelly
- 375g white chocolate
- 675g mascarpone
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1½ litre double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp silver balls
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Chill for 4 hours
- Peel the clementines with the serrated knife, then cut out skinless segments and place in a bowl with any juice.
- Arrange 12 sponge fingers in the bottom of a 2.5 litre trifle dish and sprinkle over 50ml of the orange liqueur. Mix 100g of the jelly cubes with 75ml of water and heat in the microwave for 30-40 seconds till melted. Stir well then make up to 450ml with cold water. Leave to cool then pour over the sponge fingers with 1/3 of the clementine segments and a little juice from the clementines. Place in the fridge to set.
- Melt 125g of the white chocolate with 225g of the mascarpone and 1/3 of the vanilla extract in a bowl over a pan of simmering water then cool to room temperature. Whip 250g of the cream to soft peaks then quickly whisk in the cooled chocolate, being careful not to over-mix. Place in the fridge to firm up then smooth it over the set jelly and chill for a further 30 minutes.
- Repeat step 2, pouring the jelly over the set cream, and set again. Make another batch of cream and repeat the process until you have six layers (3 sponge fingers, 3 cream, 3 jelly)
- To make the chocolate curls, melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water then spread thickly over a baking sheet and chill for about 10 minutes to set. Hold the edge of a large knife at approx 45 degrees and firmly pushing away from you, scrape the chocolate so curls form. Whip the cream with icing sugar and spoon over the trifle in soft peaks. Sprinkle with silver balls and decorate with chocolate curls.