You might like
You are in:
- Chocolate Christmas Pudding Soufflé
Back Chocolate Christmas Pudding Soufflé
Chocolate Christmas Pudding Soufflé
Turn leftover Christmas pudding into these tasty hot desserts.
- 250ml whole milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 tblspn cornflour
- 2 tblspn plain flour
- 75g dark chocolate
- ½ orange zest
- 25g butter
- 2 tblspn cocoa powder
- 8 egg whites
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
You will need 150g of leftover Christmas pudding.
- Heat the oven to 200C/ 180C Fan/ Gas 6. Heat the milk in a pan until it comes to the boil then remove from the heat. Whisk the egg yolks and 50g of the sugar until thick and pale. Add the flours and whisk again before gradually whisking in the hot milk. Place the mixture in a pan over a medium heat and stir well until it has thickened then remove from the heat and allow to cool a little.
- Crumble the Christmas pudding and stir through the custard with the chocolate and orange zest then leave to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, brush the 6 soufflé dishes with the butter in upward strokes and sprinkle with the remaining sugar and a little cocoa powder. Keep in the fridge until needed.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Mix a third of the egg whites into the soufflé mixture, level the top and run your thumb around to clean the edge of each dish to help ensure even rising. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and risen. Dust with a little cocoa and serve immediately.