You might like
You are in:
- Chilli Con Carne
Back Chilli Con Carne
Chilli Con Carne
easy sharing favourite, serve with rice or nachos!
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ½ bag Frozen Diced White Onion , (250g)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely grated
- ½ bag Frozen Sliced Mixed Peppers , (250g)
- 1 tbsp Hot Chilli Powder/Mild Chilli Powder , (optional)
- 1 bag Frozen Minced Beef , (750g)
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Pepper
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 1 can Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans in Chilli Sauce
- 1 pack Frozen Steam & Serve White Rice , or Nachos
- 1 heaped tblsp Soured Cream , and/or grated mature Cheddar cheese to serve
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the frozen diced onions and garlic. Fry over a medium heat for 3 mins, stirring until softened and starting to colour.
- Stir in the frozen sliced mixed peppers. Add the chilli powder at this point if you prefer more kick! Fry for 2 minutes stirring frequently before adding in the mince. Cook the mince for a further 5 minutes until browned stirring frequently and season.
- Crumble the beef stock cube into 300ml hot water. Pour this into the pan.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, kidney beans and stir well.
- Simmer it gently for 30 minutes. Stirring occasionally to ensure it doesn’t catch on the bottom of the pan. If it does, just add a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Turn off the heat and leave the chilli to stand with a lid on for 10 minutes. This allows the flavours to mingle.
- Serve with either some frozen steam & serve white rice or nachos, topped with soured cream, guacamole and/or grated mature Cheddar cheese. Its also great served as a jacket potato filling!