You might like
You are in:
- Chickpea, Red Pepper and Egg Hash
Back Chickpea, Red Pepper and Egg Hash
Chickpea, Red Pepper and Egg Hash
A simple and healthy vegetarian alternative to serve for breakfast or brunch.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, halved and sliced
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 4 Roasted Red Peppers, from a jar and cut into chunks
- ½ Lemon, zest
- 1 handful Mint Leaves, chopped
- 2 Flatbread
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the olive oil in the frying pan, then cook the onion for 12-15 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, cumin and peppers, season well with salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes.
- Create spaces in the pan for the eggs. Crack the eggs into the pan, cover for a few minutes then scatter over the chopped mint leaves and lemon zest.
- Serve with the flatbreads.