You might like
You are in:
- Chicken Biryani Pilau
Back Chicken Biryani Pilau
Chicken Biryani Pilau
quick, simple and cheaper alternative to a takeaway.
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 250g Frozen Diced Onions
- 1 bag Frozen Diced Chicken Breast , (500g)
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder , (hot or mild)
- 2 Rice
- 1 Chicken or Vegetable Stock Cube
- 250g Frozen Garden Peas
- 1 bunch Fresh Coriander, chopped (optional)
- 1 handful Sliced Almonds , (optional)
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan and fry the frozen diced chicken for 10mins, add in the frozen diced onion and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Sprinkle in the curry powder, stir and cook for a further minute.
- Prepare the rice sachets according to the microwave instructions.
- Stir in the rice then pour over the stock made with 400ml of hot water. Bring the stock to the boil.
- Cover the pan and bake for 30 mins until all the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in the peas and leave the rice to stand for a few moments before serving. Sprinkle with chopped coriander and sliced almonds for an authentic inspired finish!