You might like
You are in:
- Chicken and Chorizo Pot Pies
Back Chicken and Chorizo Pot Pies
Chicken and Chorizo Pot Pies
Add a delicious twist to a chicken pie by adding chorizo. These individual chicken and chorizo pies make a great family meal.
Makes 4 pies
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, quartered
- 100g chorizo
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 sprig thyme, leaves chopped
- 200ml cider
- 300ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cream
- 500g puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 200c/180fan/gas mark 6
- Roll out the pastry to fit the four dishes by laying the four pie dishes on top and cutting around them, leaving 2cm of edging.
- Cut further strips for the edges and extra for decoration. Leave in the fridge until required.
- In a large frying pan, heat the butter and oil together and fry the shallots and leek gently until soft on a medium heat.
- Add in the chicken and chorizo and turn up the heat. Fry on high for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is golden.
- Sprinkle in the flour and mix well. Add in seasoning and thyme and then gradually add in the cider and stir. Bring to the boil to thicken and then add in the cream.
- Turn off the heat and divide the mixture into four individual pie dishes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Bring your pre-cut pastry back and brush the rims of the pie dishes with egg.
- Add on the strips of pastry around the rim. Brush this with egg and then add the top.
- Crimp the edges with your fingers or with the back of a fork, poke a small steam hole in the top and then brush with egg.
- With the remaining pastry, use Halloween cutters to stamp out shapes for the top of the pies. Lay these on top of each one and brush again with a beaten egg.
- Place the pies on a baking tray and then bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Serve immediately with mixed green vegetables such as peas and broccoli.