You might like
You are in:
- Cherry and Coconut Scones
Back Cherry and Coconut Scones
Cherry and Coconut Scones
Cornwall meets the Caribbean in this recipe. Cherry and coconut combine to make these moreish scones, ideal for serving with extra thick cream and jam. Tea anyone?
- 225g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 50g butter
- 25g caster sugar
- 100g cherries
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 1 egg
- 120ml milk
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Using your fingertips, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar, cherries and coconut.
- Beat the egg with the milk, then gradually add to dry ingredients and mix to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead lightly.
- Roll out the dough so that it is approx 2 cm thick.
- Stamp out rounds with a cutter and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Repeat until dough is used.
- Brush scone tops with a little milk, then bake for 12-15 minutes until risen and golden.
- Serve with extra thick cream and cherry jam.