You might like
You are in:
- Cauliflower Cheese and Sweet Potato…
Back Cauliflower Cheese and Sweet Potato…
Cauliflower Cheese and Sweet Potato Hotpot
For a midweek meal with a difference, try this cross between two traditional classics.
- 1 cauliflower, divided into small florets
- 30g sunflower spread
- 30g plain flour
- 400ml semi-skimmed milk
- 70g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g reduced fat soft cheese
- 50g sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Per Portion: kcal 386 Fat (g) 15.9 Saturates (g) 7.9 Carbohydrate (g) 42.8 Sugars (g) 17.6 Fibre (g) 7.6 Protein (g) 13.8 Salt (g) 1.69
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Boil the florets for 10 minutes in lightly salted water, then drain well.
- Meanwhile, melt the spread in a pan, stir in the flour, add the milk and cook, stirring, until you have a smooth, thick sauce. Add the cheeses, beating until they melt. Then add the tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan then add the sweet potato slices. Cook for 5 minutes until just starting to soften, then place on kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil.
- Arrange the cauliflower across the base of an ovenproof dish, spoon over the sauce then top with the potato slices. Season and bake for 20 minutes, until piping hot and the topping begins to brown.