You might like
You are in:
- Caribbean Fish Curry
Back Caribbean Fish Curry
Caribbean Fish Curry
We've used cod in this fantastic fish curry inspired by traditional Caribbean cuisine, however if you're feeling adventurous you should try red gurnard - the firm, meaty flesh holds together perfectly for use in a curry.
- 600g cod fillets
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 cm ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 500ml vegetable stock, made from a cube
- 1 lime, juice only
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 280g basmati rice, steamed
- 3 sprigs fresh coriander, to serve
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Sauté the onion, ginger, chilli and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes. Season then add the spices, cinnamon and curry powder.
- Sauté for another minute before adding the sweet potato. Pour in the stock and lime juice.
- Cook for 15 minutes over a medium heat until the sweet potato is cooked through.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the fish and tomatoes and continuing cooking until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with basmati rice and fresh coriander.