You might like
You are in:
- Caramelised Onion and Thyme Stuffing
Back Caramelised Onion and Thyme Stuffing
Caramelised Onion and Thyme Stuffing
Make this tasty stuffing to serve alongside your Christmas dinner.
- 90g butter
- 1 sourdough bloomer
- 2 large onions
- 2 tblspn thyme
- 3 celery stalks
- 250ml chicken stock
- 2 eggs
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 190C/ 170C fan/ Gas Mark 5 and grease a medium baking dish.
- Spread the sourdough cubes on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, turning a couple of times, until toasted all over. Cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a heavy based sauce pan over a medium heat, add the onions and cook for 10 minutes. Add the thyme and cook for a further 20 minutes until the onions are golden brown. Add the celery and saute for 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the stock, sourdough and eggs to the onion, stir and season. Transfer to the baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for 10 minutes until cooked through and browned.