You might like
You are in:
- Butterfly Sardines with Lemony Fennel…
Back Butterfly Sardines with Lemony Fennel…
Butterfly Sardines with Lemony Fennel Salad
This butterfly sardines recipe contains all of the flavours of summer. Enjoy on a sunny evening with a glass of your favourite white wine for the ultimate experience.
- 12 sardines, butterflied
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bulbs fennel, trimmed
- 1 courgette, large
- 1 lemon, juice and rind, grated
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Pat the fish with kitchen paper. Halve one garlic clove and rub over the sardines. Brush with some oil and chill.
- Thinly slice the fennel lengthways and slice the courgette on the diagonal. Brush the vegetables with a little of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Crush the other garlic clove and whisk into the remaining oil with the lemon juice and rind, mustard and 2 tbsp of the dill. Barbecue the veg for 3-4 minutes each side, until tender, then add to the dressing.
- Barbecue the sardines for 3-4 minutes each side, until cooked through and the fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with the veg and scatter with dill.