You might like
You are in:
- Blackened Cauliflower and Chicken Salad
Back Blackened Cauliflower and Chicken Salad
Blackened Cauliflower and Chicken Salad
Cauliflower adds a real crunchy edge to help liven up this salad.
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 sprays low calorie oil
- 2 cauliflower florets, thinly sliced
- 3 Tenderstem broccoli stems
- 150g roast chicken, cut into strips
- 25g rocket leaves
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- ½ cloves garlic, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Place the tomatoes in an ovenproof tray. Roast for 10 minutes or until they start to soften.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, spray with the oil then fry the cauliflower until it starts to blacken. Turn it over and cook on the other side. Season then place in a bowl to cool.
- Boil the broccoli in salted water for 3 minutes, then drain and run under cold water.
- Place the chicken in the bowl with the cauliflower then add the broccoli and salad leaves.
- To make the dressing, combine the mayonnaise with the garlic and chives. Add some warm water to thin it out then season to taste.
- Add a little of the dressing to the salad ingredients and toss them together. Drizzle over the rest of the dressing and serve with the roasted tomatoes.