You might like
You are in:
- Birthday Cake with Cream and Fruit
Back Birthday Cake with Cream and Fruit
Birthday Cake with Cream and Fruit
A beautiful twist on the classic birthday cake. Make the best of the season by decorating with fruits typical to that time of year.
- 225g Stork Original
- 200g light brown sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 225g self raising flour, sieved
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 85g flaked almonds
- 400ml double Elmlea
- 250g seasonal fruit, e.g. grapes, mandarins, peaches, strawberries and blueberries
- 1 pack candles, to decorate (optional)
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven 180°C, 160°C fan oven, Gas mark 4. Place Stork Original, sugar, eggs, flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl and beat together until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared cake tins and bake the cakes in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes until cooked and golden brown. Leave the baked cakes in the tins for 5 minutes before tipping them out on a wire rack. Allow to cool.
- Toast the almonds in a dry frying pan over medium heat, stirring well until golden brown. Cool on a plate. Whip the cream with the sugar until stiff. Clean the fruit and chop or slice, if necessary.
- Cover a cake with 1/3 of the cream and half of the fruit. Place the other cake on top and press down a little. Brush the sides of the cake with a thin layer of whipped cream. Take the cake between two hands and roll in the toasted almonds.
- Spread the top of the cake with a thin layer of whipped cream. Spoon the rest of the whipped cream into the piping bag and pipe swirls of whipped cream along the edge of the cake. Decorate with the rest of the fruit and sweets and don't forget the candles!
This recipe has been kindly provided by Stork.