You might like
You are in:
- Bean Burgers
Back Bean Burgers
These tasty bean burgers are full of flavour and make a delicious vegetarian dish.
- 3 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 350g canned borlotti beans
- 300g canned blackeye beans
- 70g natural breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 4 burger buns
- 1 large bunch little gem lettuce
- 60g Red Leicester, grated
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Per Portion: kcal 489 Fat (g) 12.6 Saturates (g) 5.1 Carbohydrate (g) 65.1 Sugars (g) 11.4 Fibre (g) 13.2 Protein (g) 21.9 Salt (g) 0.93
- Heat half the oil in a pan, add the onion and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, until softened.
- In a food processor blitz the cooked onion with the grated carrot, beans, breadcrumbs and ketchup until evenly mixed.
- Shape the mix into 4 burgers.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the burgers for 5 minutes each side, until golden brown and piping hot.
- Serve in a bun with lettuce and grated cheese.