You might like
You are in:
- Bean Burgers
Back Bean Burgers
These tasty bean burgers are full of flavour. Your family will love these veggie alternatives to the summer favourite.
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 350g canned borlotti beans
- 300g canned blackeye beans
- 70g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 4 burger buns
- 1 large bunch little gem lettuce
- 60g Red Leicester, grated
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat half the oil in a pan, add the onion and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, until softened.
- In a food processor blitz the cooked onion with the grated carrot, beans, breadcrumbs and ketchup until evenly mixed.
- Shape the mix into 4 burgers.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the burgers for 5 minutes each side, until golden brown and piping hot.
- Serve in a bun with lettuce and grated cheese.