You might like
You are in:
- Barbeque Skewers with Couscous Salad
Back Barbeque Skewers with Couscous Salad
Barbeque Skewers with Couscous Salad
Grill up a tasty feast at your next barbecue with this recipe. Serving sausages on skewers is a different way to use the BBQ favorite, complimented by a light and tasty couscous salad.Always check individual ingredients in any recipes when following a gluten free diet - while suitable, many standard items are not formally classified as ‘gluten free’ and you should check with your GP before using them
- 1 pack gluten-free sausages
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 60ml syrup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 227g couscous
- ½ cucumber
- 170 fruit baby plum tomatoes, sliced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 squeeze lemon
- 1 squeeze orange
- 1 large pinch salt
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1 large pinch pepper
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Soak Skewers: 20 Mins
If using wooden skewers, soak ahead of time in water for at least 20 minutes to avoid burning.
- To make the marinade, combine the garlic, paprika, brown sugar, syrup, vinegar, olive oil and barbecue sauce.
- Mix together well and marinade the sausages in the barbecue sauce mix for 30 minutes.
- Whilst soaking wooden skewers in water (to prevent burning), slice the sausages.
- Once the skewers have soaked for at least 20 minutes, thread the sausages onto the skewers.
- Grill the sausages on the barbecue, turning and basting continuously with the remaining marinade for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Cook the couscous as per instructions on pack.
- Next, add cucumber, rosa tomatoes, red onion and basil to the couscous.
- Then, add the lemon juice, orange juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix the ingredients lightly until combined.
- Serve the skewers with couscous salad and lemon wedges.