You might like
You are in:
- Aubergine and Mozzarella Wraps
Back Aubergine and Mozzarella Wraps
Aubergine and Mozzarella Wraps
Aubergines are at their best barbecued - and it's the easiest way to cook them. You'll love the hot, oozing mozzarella in these Italian-inspired wraps.
- 2 aubergines
- 4 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10g basil leaves
- 200g mozzarella
- 2 beef tomatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Carefully plunge the aubergine slices into a pan of boiling water. Cook for 4 minutes then drain well. Lay them flat on a clean board or work surface.
- Mix together the tomato paste, garlic and basil and spread a little over each aubergine slice.
- Top with mozzarella and tomato slices and fold over, securing each with a cocktail stick.
- Brush with olive oil and grill or barbecue for 2-3 minutes per side.