You might like
You are in:
- Almond, Marmalade and Cinnamon Swirls
Back Almond, Marmalade and Cinnamon Swirls
Almond, Marmalade and Cinnamon Swirls
These delicious swirls will give you a hint of cinnamon and the sweet, tangy taste of marmalade at every bite.
Makes 12 swirls
- 450g Strong white flour
- 150g Spelt wholemeal flour
- 65g Caster sugar
- 7g Salt
- 8g fast acting yeast
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 100g Butter, melted
- 275ml Milk, at room temperature
- 454g Marzipan
- 90g Orange marmalade
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 30g Flaked almonds
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Rest the dough for 10 minutes
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line a deep tray 40cm x 30cm with baking paper.
- Mix 25g of the sugar with the milk, add the yeast and set aside to ferment.
- Mix the two flours with the salt and another 25g sugar.
- When the yeast mix is bubbling, add it to the flour mix and beat in, then add the melted butter and continue to mix until a smooth dough is formed (this will take about 5 minutes).
- Place the dough into a bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle approximately 45 cm x 35cm, spread the marmalade over the dough leaving a 2cm edge along the bottom.
- Roll the marzipan out to sit on top of the marmalade, then starting with the uncovered dough roll tightly into a cylindrical shape to form a pinwheel.
- Cut into 12 even pieces and place onto the lined tray with four across and 3 down.
- Sprinkle with the flaked almonds, ground cinnamon and the remaining caster sugar.
- Cover loosely with oiled clingfilm and leave to double in size.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and baked through.
- Allow to cool, tear apart and serve .