You might like
You are in:
- Warm Asparagus, Chorizo and Poached Egg…
Back Warm Asparagus, Chorizo and Poached Egg…
Warm Asparagus, Chorizo and Poached Egg Salad
There’s something about a perfectly poached runny egg over asparagus and chorizo that looks mouth-wateringly good! This recipe is a treat for the eyes and the tastebuds.
- 300g couscous
- ½ lemon, grated rind and juice
- 350ml vegetable stock
- 250g asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sprinkle salt
- 1 sprinkle black pepper, freshly ground
- 200g chorizo, cut into 12 slices
- 2 tbsp parsley, fresh, washed and chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander, fresh, washed and chopped
- 4 eggs
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Place the couscous in a heat-proof bowl and stir in the lemon rind and juice.
- Pour over the vegetable stock and cover with clingfilm and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Toss the asparagus with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot and lay the asparagus and chorizo slices on it.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes each side, until charred and tender.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and stir in the asparagus, chorizo, parsley, coriander and some salt and pepper.
- Divide the mix between serving plates.
- Bring a medium pan of water to the boil and carefully break in the eggs.
- Simmer gently for 4-5 minutes, until the eggs are cooked.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and place one on each plate. Serve straightaway.