You might like
You are in:
- Venezuelan Steaks
Back Venezuelan Steaks
Guasacaca is Venezuela's version of guacamole, popular with grilled meats like these gorgeous steaks.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 small green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 large tomato, skinned and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp malt vinegar
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 beef steaks, of choice (bullet, sirloin, rib-eye or fillet)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
If you're looking for something great as a side, then barbecued corn cobs fit the bill perfectly.
- Peel, stone and mash the avocados. Put them in a mixing bowl with the guasacaca ingredients, keeping back a little parsley as garnish. Mix together well and season to taste.
- Brush the steak with oil and season. Barbecue for 5-7 minutes per side depending on how rare you like it.
- Slice the steak and scatter with the rest of the parsley. Serve the guasacaca as a side.