You might like
You are in:
- Stuffed Garlic and Herb Mushrooms
Back Stuffed Garlic and Herb Mushrooms
Stuffed Garlic and Herb Mushrooms
This dish is delicious as a starter served with fresh Genius bread to mop up the juices or as light meal with salad.
- 110g butter, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 large flat mushrooms, stems removed and finely chopped
- 80g fresh white Genius breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- ½ lemon, zest only
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180’F.
- Arrange the mushroom caps, top down on a baking sheet.
- Beat the garlic into the butter and divide 2/3 of the butter between the mushroom caps.
- Melt the remaining butter in a pan and add the breadcrumbs. Gently fry until golden then tip into a bowl.
- Stir in the thyme, parsley, lemon zest, chopped mushroom stems and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the beaten egg.
- Divide the breadcrumb mixture between the mushroom caps.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the stuffing is golden brown and the mushrooms are tender. Serve immediately with slices of Genius bread to mop up the juices.
Genius Gluten Free