You might like
You are in:
- Strawberry Salad with Wensleydale Cheese
Back Strawberry Salad with Wensleydale Cheese
Strawberry Salad with Wensleydale Cheese
The sweet and tangy balsamic dressing brings out the strawberries' sweetness in this summer salad.
- 150g bulgur wheat
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest only
- 200g asparagus, tips
- 4 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp for the salad and 3 tbsp for the dressing
- 200g Wensleydale cheese
- 85g watercress, bag
- 1 punnet salad cress
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, leaves only
- 200g strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Place the bulgar wheat in a pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain well, toss with the lemon zest and olive oil then leave to cool.
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain, refresh under cold water then add to the bulgar wheat. Add the cheese and mix everything well to combine.
- Arrange the watercress over a serving platter. Scatter the cress and mint leaves on top, then add the bulgur wheat mixture along with the strawberries.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over the salad and toss just before serving.