You might like
You are in:
- Strawberry Choc Ripple Semifreddo
Back Strawberry Choc Ripple Semifreddo
Strawberry Choc Ripple Semifreddo
Velvety semifreddo with ripples of strawberries and dark chocolate is a recipe for summer dessert heaven.
- 150g strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
- 75g caster sugar
- 300ml double cream
- 400ml Greek style yoghurt
- 75g dark chocolate, melted and cooled
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Other time: Freeze for 4 hours
- Place the strawberries in a bowl with half the sugar and mash together roughly.
- Line a 20cm x 9cm x 6cm loaf tin with clingfilm, leaving plenty hanging over the edge.
- Whip the cream with the rest of the sugar until it forms soft peaks. Fold in the yogurt, then ‘ripple’ it gently through the strawberries and melted chocolate. Be careful not to overmix or you’ll spoil the ripple effect.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and level the surface. Cover with clingfilm and freeze for 4 hours, or until just firm. Slice and serve with a few extra strawberries on top.