You might like
You are in:
- Sparkling Peppermint Biscuits
Back Sparkling Peppermint Biscuits
Sparkling Peppermint Biscuits
Looking for an edible gift? These sparkling peppermint biscuits are perfect as a festive gift or just to stock up the biscuit tin.
Makes 35 biscuits
- 200g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, 1 whole, 1 yolk only
- 300g plain flour, sifted
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
- 10 clear fruit sweets, crushed
- 10 clear mints, crushed
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: 120 minutes chilling time
- In an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until fluffy. Add the egg and yolk and mix until incorporated.
- Pour in the flour, cocoa and salt and mix until it comes together as a ball. Separate the dough into 2, cover with clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface to 1/2cm thick then cut out stars with a knife or cookie cutter and place on a baking tray lined with parchment. Repeat with the second piece of dough.
- Chill for 30 minutes then bake at 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6 for 7 minutes or until just set. Leave on the trays to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds* (or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water) then scrape into a small plastic bag.
- Squeeze to the end and snip off the corner to form a piping bag. Pipe the chocolate over the biscuits. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle over the crushed candies.
- Leave to cool for 1 hour then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.