You might like
You are in:
- Sausage Rolls
Back Sausage Rolls
Homemade sausage rolls are extra special, yet really simple. These are just as delicious cold as they are warm; eat them at home with a big salad, or take them on the go with a selection of dips.
- 8 large pork sausages
- 250g puff pastry
- 4 tbsp onion chutney
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 dusting flour
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Cut the pastry in half lengthways and dust with a little flour.
- Roll each piece out, short side first, until it is about ½cm thick. Turn the pastry around and roll out lengthways to get the same thickness.
- Using a spoon, spread the chutney down the centre of each piece of pastry then, using scissors, cut the sausages out of their skins and place them lengthways on top of the chutney.
- Using a pastry brush, brush some beaten egg along the near side of each piece of pastry.
- Take the far side of pastry and fold it over the sausage meat towards you, then roll it up towards yourself until the sausage meat is completely encased.
- Repeat for the other piece of pastry, then cut into rolls using a sharp knife.
- Place the sausage rolls on a non-stick baking tray and brush with the remaining beaten egg. Cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown and the sausage meat is cooked through.