You might like
You are in:
This Basque-inspired dish is a colourful, flavoursome and interesting way to enjoy scrambled eggs. Ideal for brunch or a light meal.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 60g gluten free Chorizo sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 2 galic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 slices gluten free bread
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, heavy frying pan over a medium heat.
- Fry the chorizo, onions and peppers gently for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and chilli (if using), and fry until warmed through.
- Season the beaten eggs with salt and pepper, and slowly stir into the vegetables, loosely scrambling the egg to your desired firmness.
- Toast the bread and generously butter or drizzle with olive oil. Arrange on four plates, top with a generous spoonful of Basque Scrambled Eggs and serve immediately.
Genius Gluten Free