You might like
You are in:
- Pineapple Skewers with Mint Sugar
Back Pineapple Skewers with Mint Sugar
Pineapple Skewers with Mint Sugar
Entertaining guests or looking for a vegetarian barbecue recipe with a twist? Then, these pineapple skewers are just the thing for you. The sweet pineapple is complimented by the mints distinct flavour, making a yummy BBQ treat.
- 2 pineapples, large & ripe
- 6 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only
- 50g demerara sugar
- 100ml double cream
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds only
- 6 large strawberries, halved
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
To prepare the pineapple, cut off the top and bottom before slicing away the remaining skin. Cut the pineapple in half lengthways, then cut each half into three wedges and remove the tough core from each wedge.
- Cut the pineapple into wedges, as described, then thread each wedge on to a skewer (if using wooden ones, soak them in water for 15 minutes before using).
- Make the mint sugar by blitzing the mint leaves and sugar in a food processor until well blended and the sugar has turned a mint green colour.
- For the cinnamon cream, whisk the double cream with the cinnamon and vanilla seeds until soft peaks form.
- Barbecue each skewer for 1 minute on each side. Place on a platter with the strawberries and sprinkle with the mint sugar.
- Serve with a bowl of the cinnamon cream on the side.