You might like
You are in:
- Little Lemon Tarts
Back Little Lemon Tarts
Little Lemon Tarts
These little lemon tarts are sure to go down a treat! The bite-sized tarts are sweet and zesty and incredibly moreish. Serve them after a meal or keep a few for a sweet bite on the go (if there’s any left!).
- 375g shortcrust pastry
- 250ml single cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 1 egg yolk
- 50g caster sugar
- 75ml lemon juice
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4. Roll out the pastry until it’s about ½ cm thick and press into 8 individual tart tins. Pierce with a fork and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Cover the pastry with parchment paper and fill the tins with pastry weights or baking beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and weights and bake again for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, then reduce temperature to 140°C/120°C fan/Gas 1.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream, eggs, egg yolk, sugar and lemon juice, then transfer to a pouring jug.
- Place the tarts on a large baking tray and pour the filling in right to the top. Carefully place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until just set. Cool, then refrigerate to set.
- When ready to serve, remove the tarts from the tins and set on plates. Decorate with icing sugar and berries.