You might like
You are in:
- Katsu Curry with Quorn Pieces
Back Katsu Curry with Quorn Pieces
Katsu Curry with Quorn Pieces
Heavenly flavours from the East, with fresh carrots, onions and garlic, coconut milk, herbs and spices, combined with tasty Quorn Pieces. Served with a garnish of lime zest, lime juice and coriander, with sticky rice and Japanese pickles for perfect harmony on a plate. An exquisite meal idea.
- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- ½ tsp Ginger, finely chopped
- 2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1½ tbsp Medium Curry Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
- 200ml Vegetable Stock
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Lime, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp Coriander, chopped
Total time required
- Cooking time:
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan, add the onion, garlic, ginger and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the carrots and sweat slowly for 15 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally, until softened and starting to caramelise.
- Stir in the curry powder and garam masala and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the soy sauce, vegetable stock, coconut milk, honey and bay leaf. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and blend the sauce until you achieve a smooth consistency, then return to a low heat.
- Pre-heat 1 tbsp of oil over a medium heat and cook the Quorn Pieces for 8 minutes.
- Add the cooked Quorn Pieces to the sauce along with the lime zest, juice and coriander, then season to taste with salt & freshly ground black pepper. Serve with sticky Thai rice and Japanese pickles and salad.