You might like
You are in:
- Halloumi Kebabs with Mixed Pepper Rice
Back Halloumi Kebabs with Mixed Pepper Rice
Halloumi Kebabs with Mixed Pepper Rice
These halloumi kebabs can be BBQed or simply grilled for a fast and easy family meal.
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 500g halloumi
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 courgettes, cut into 2cm chunks
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 packets long grain rice, microwaveable
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- For each pepper, finely chop one half and cut the other half into chunks.
- Toss the pepper chunks, halloumi, red onion wedges and courgettes with the pesto sauce then thread onto 8 skewers.
- Heat the oil and fry all the finely-chopped peppers for 5 minutes until softened. Add the rice and cook for a further 5 minutes until piping hot.
- Meanwhile, grill the kebabs for 6-8 minutes, turning frequently, until the edges begin to char.
- Serve 2 cooked kebabs per portion with the pepper rice.