You might like
You are in:
- Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Biscotti
Back Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Biscotti
Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Biscotti
Dark chocolate and sea salt combine beautifully to create this delicious snack, the perfect side to a cup of tea or coffee in the afternoon.
Makes 14 biscotti
- 250g Plain flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 250g Caster sugar
- 3 medium Eggs
- 1 tsp Sea salt, coarse
- 50g Dark chocolate, melted
- 58g Milk chocolate chips
- 58g White chocolate chips
- 58g Plain chocolate chips
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Remember to melt your chocolate and beat your eggs before you start.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the beaten eggs and cooled, melted chocolate and mix to form a dough.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and then divide the dough into two even pieces.
- Knead the dough gently on a floured surface to form thick sausage shapes.
- Place the dough onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Leave space between the two pieces of dough or use two trays, as the dough will spread whilst baked. Bake at 160 degrees for 30 minutes then allow to cool.
- When cooled, slice diagonally, approximately 2cm thick, and place the slices back on to the baking tray and bake for a further 20 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy.