You might like
You are in:
- Country Life Cupcakes
Back Country Life Cupcakes
Country Life Cupcakes
Sponge Cup Cakes topped with butter icing and sprinkles.
Makes 8 cupcakes
- 110g Country Life Salted Butter, softened
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 110g self-raising flour
- 2½ tbsp milk
- 150g icing sugar, sifted
- 60g Country Life Spreadable
- 1 handful topping sprinkles
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Tip: For perfectly sized cakes, weigh cake mix into paper cases – 50g for large cup cakes, 25 – 30g for fairy sized ones.
- Preheat oven to 180Cº/170ºC Fan/Gas Mark 4. Line 8 holes of a bun tin with paper cases.
- Using an electric whisk, cream Country Life Butter and sugar together until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, whisking well, fold in flour. Add 1-2 tbsp milk to form a soft dropping consistency batter.
- Spoon into the cake cases, bake in centre of oven for 15–18 minutes until well risen and golden; allow to cool.
- For topping, beat together sugar and Country Life Spreadable until pale in colour. Stir in 2 tsp milk to give a soft spreadable consistency.
- Decorate cakes with topping by spreading with a round bladed knife or use a piping bag fitted with plain or star nozzle. Add fondant balls or decorations of your choice.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Country Life.